WONDERS OF OMAN
9 days round trip in North & South Oman
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival in MCT international Airport.
Transfer to the hotel and rest of the day is at leisure. (No meals)
Hotel: Al Falaj hotel****, Muscat or similar
Day 2: Muscat City.
Start a full day city tour in Muscat. Visit the highlights of the city including Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque,Opera House, the 16th -Century forts Jalali and Mirani, Qasr Al Alam, the official Palace of HM Sultan Qaboos, Museum and Muttrah souq. (B)
Day 3: Nizwa – Bahla – Jabreen
Nizwa is one of the oldest cities in Oman. Visit the traditional souq and the Fort of Nizwa. View the oldest fort in Oman in Bahla with its 12km (seven miles) wall. The Castle of Jabreen, situated within a short distance of Bahla is one of the most beautiful stone castles of Oman. (B)
Hotel: Golden Tulip***, Nizwa or similar
Day 4: Wadi Bani Khalid – Sur
Continue your journey to one of the most visited Oasis in the region; Wadi Bani Khalid. Proceed to the East coast and drive to Sur. Sur was once famous for its dhows (Traditional ships) and east African trades. (B)
Hotel: Sur Plaza hotel***, Sur or similar
Day 5: Sur – Back to Muscat – flight to Salalah
A short sight-seeing tour in Sur. Drive along the scenic coast towards Muscat. Pass by at the Bamah Sinkhole Lake Park for a photo stop. Evening flight to Salalah. Transfer to the hotel. (B)
Hotel: Intercity hotel***, Salalah or similar
Day 6: Salalah East – Rub Al Khali desert – Overnight
Visit the century old ‘Taqah Castle’, the former official residence of the ‘Wali’ (Governor) of the region. Continue onto the ancient ruins of the once famous city of Sumharam (Khor Rohri). In the afternoon continue the tour by 4×4 jeeps to the Rub Al Khali desert. Enjoy a beautiful sunset over the sand dunes. Overnight in the desert camp. (B D)
Day 7: Ubar – Wadi Dawka – Salalah City
On our way back to Salalah proceed to the ‘Lost City of Ubar’. This ruined city was one of the important hubs of the ancient frankincense trail. Visit Wadi Dawka on the way back to Salalah, where the frankincense trees grow in their natural habitat. In the afternoon a brief city tour in Salalah. Highlights are the Museum, green plantations of vegetables & fruits, Photo stop at the Sultan Qaboos Mosque and the Frankincense souq. (B)
Day 8: Wadi Derbat – Sinkhole – Jebel Samhan
Start a full day safari into the Dhofar Mountains. Drive through the scenic villages and ever green Wadis. Visit one of the world’s largest Sink Holes, view Jebel Samhan plateau at a height of almost 1700m. Drive back to Salalah and overnight. (B L)
Day 9: Job’s tomb – Mughsail beach
Visit the ancient tomb of ‘Prophet Job’ situated in the scenic green mountains of the Salalah Plains. Proceed to the beach of Mughsail. Thereafter continue along the ‘Hair-pin-bend’ road towards western side of Oman to grasp some photogenic scenes. Drive back to Salalah and to the airport for your departure flight. Conditions apply. (B)
KEY: D Dinner L Lunch B Breakfast
Highlights of this tour
- Muscat City tour including Grand mosque, Opera house, Museum and Mutrah souq.
- Nizwa including Jabreen and Bahla
- Beautiful oasis of Wadi Bani Khalid
- Coastal city of Sur
- Salalah City tour including SQ mosque, Plantations, Al Husn palace, Museum, Job’s tomb and Haffah souq
- Overnight in the Rub Al Khali desert including Ubar and Wadi Dauka
- Jebel Safari inlcuding Taqa, Sumhuram, Wadi Derbat, Jebel Samhan and SInk hole
- Job’s Tomb & Mughsail beach
What is included?
- Airport transfers as per the program
- 8 nights’ accommodation in selected hotels/camps with Breakfast
- Entrance fees according to the program
- Overnight camping in Al Hashman camp. Basic camping facilities with Double tents
- Domestic return flight Muscat – Salalah in economy class
- Air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver cum guide
- Still drinking water on board
Included Meal Plan
- 8 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (At restaurant or as picnic)
- 1 dinner
Minimum number of participants: 6
Maximum number of participants: 26
- This tour can be tailored to your travel requests. Please send us your inquiry along with your travel details to get the customized rates for this tour!
- Book a beach resort for your holiday extension. We offer selected beach hotels for perfect relaxation. Please inquire!
- Want to book a Guide in your preferred language? German, French, Italian and Russian speaking guides are available! Please inquire! (subjected to the availability)
- Please pay attention to the local customs of taking photographs. No photography/filming allowed at the Museum. Your guide will advise you the particulars.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths (No sleeveless or No shorts) by visiting religious places. All guests must remove their shoes before visiting religious places inside. Please pay attention to the specified dress code by visiting Grand Mosque from inside.
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground
- Separate guide for groups above 10 participants. 4×4 Jeep tours on days 3 to 8
Tour code: CR801
Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
Departure dates and prices (per person in US$)
from September 2017 – May 2018