7 days tour package in Salalah!
Day 1: Arrive Salalah – City Sightseeing
Visit the highlights of the Salalah city in a half day tour in the afternoon. This tour included Salalah’s banana and coconut plantations, The Frankincense Land Museum, the traditional Souq and the Sultan Qaboos grand mosque. (D)
Hotel: Intercity hotel***, Salalah
Day 2: Night in the desert
Start an exciting desert trip in the afternoon with one overnight stay at a permanent campsite in the middle of to the Rub Al Khali Desert by Jeep. Visit the ‘Lost City of Ubar’ (UNESCO) en route. (B D)
Day 3: Wadi Dauka – Dolphin watching/ Horse-back riding
In the morning drive back to Salalah. On the way back, drive into Wadi ‘Dauka’ (UNESCO) known as the ‘Frankincense Wadi’.
You have 2 options of activities in the afternoon;
1. Dolphin watching trip by boat
2. Horseback riding
Day 4: Mountain Safari
Witness Dhofar’s most remarkable natural attractions during this jeep tour. Visit Wadi Derbat, Jebel Samhan plateau, Tawi Attir Sink hole, Baobab trees, and many natural attractions (B L)
Day 5: East of Salalah
In the morning embark for a half day tour to the eastern side of Dhofar. Fabled archaeological site of Sumhuram (UNESCO), centuries old Taqa castle and the old city of Mirbat are the highlights of this tour. (B)
Day 6: Fizaya Beach
This trip takes you to the western side of Dhofar, to uncover some of the area’s finest and most breath-taking sceneries.
Natural spring of Ayn Sahalnoot, Wadi Ayun with its turquoise blue pools amidst the craggy mountains, Mughsail beach where the white sand touches the deep blue of the Indian Ocean, a drive along the ‘Hair-pin-bend’ road with its breathtaking cliffs are the attractions before you reach one of the most attractive Beaches in Dhofar, the Fizayah Beach. Spend a relaxing time at Fizaya Beach. Enjoy the environment, serenity and the Sun at the Arabian Sea. (B L)
Day 7: Depart Salalah
Say good bye to your memorable stay in south Oman. Transfers are arranged to bring you to the airport for your departure flight. Conditions apply.
KEY: B Breakfast L Lunch D Dinner
- Al Balid Museum of the Land of Frankincense
- The traditional Frankincense Souq of Salalah. The place where you can buy the best quality frankincense and other incenses
- Overnight camping in the Rub Al Khali Desert (The Empty Quarters). The largest sand desert in the world. Stay overnight in a beduine style camp.
- The lost city of Ubar and Wadi Dauka
- Boat trip to watch Dolphins or horse-back riding at the beach as per your choice
- Wadi Derbat. Evergreen Wadi and the most popular weekend retreat of Dhofar
- Jebel Samhan. The highest mountains in the Dhofar region.
- Tawi Attir Sink hole. Known as one of the largest sink holes in the world.
- Taqa castle. A traditional fort in a secluded fishing village
- Sumhuram Ruins. Visit the ruins of the legendary port city of the ancient frankincense trail
- Ayn Sahalnoot
- Wadi Ayun
- Mughsail and Fizaya beach. Beach stay at Fizaya beach
What is included?
- A complete private tour
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last day of the program
- Luxury air-conditioned cars and jeeps.
- Comfortable accommodation in selected hotels
- One overnight in a desert camp with basic facilities
- English speaking driver cum guide
- Two half day sightseeing tours, Dolphin watching by boat or horse-back riding session, Overnight camping tour by jeeps and two full day jeep tours
- Transfers needed for boat trip or horseback riding
- All the applicable entrance fees at described places in the program
- Water on board during the tours
Included Meal Plan
- 5 breakfasts
- 2 lunches (local restaurant or picnic)
- 2 dinners
Please send us your inquiry to get detailed quote / tailor-made itinerary for this tour!
- This tour is not operative from 01.June to 31.August
- Taking photographs/filming inside the museum is not permitted
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths. Please pay attention to the dress code by visiting religious places. Ladies must cover their head with a scarf when visiting mosques and other religious places
- Stay overnight in simple Tents at the camp
- Guests should avoid jewellery or expensive belongings at the campsite as it could be lost in the sand. Cell phones have no reception at the campsite
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground. The jeep safaris may not suitable for those with injuries or conditions, which may be affected by the bumpy rides. Pregnant women and children under 12 may not participate
- Swimming at Fizaya Beach is at the customers own risk. No life guards are available
- Horseback beach rides take up to 2 hours and available from 9:00 – 17:00 hours daily.