Start the half-day exploration of Dhofar by driving towards the ‘Qara’ mountains. (Tour starts at 9:00 or 14:30 hrs.)
On a road steadily winding up a steep incline, herds of camels & cattle are a common sight, which gives a scenic view of a traditional Dhofari rural beauty. Visit the ancient tomb of ‘Prophet Job’ situated in the scenic green mountains of the Salalah plains. Experience the legendary story of Prophet Job and his devoutness.
Proceed to the beach of Mughsail where the white sand touches the deep blue of the ocean & at high tide, where waves burst through the natural titanic ‘Blow Holes’, at the far end of the ‘Rocky beach’ with a cave-like entrance.
We thereafter continue along the ‘Hair-pin-bend’ road towards western border of Oman. See the historical ‘Frankincense trees’ growing in their natural habitat, deep down in the valleys, dotting the dry & craggy countryside.
Take a short walk into the valleys to smell the ‘Holy incense’ amidst the scenic view of the region.
Return to the hotel.
Half day tour to Salalah West
Tour code: AFT07
Duration: ca. 4 hrs
Distance: ca. 100km return tour
- Job’s Tomb
- Mughsail beach & Blowholes
- Frankincense trees
- Visits to the places of interest as per the program
- Air conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver cum guide.
- Water on board
Following are not included in the service:
- Tips and gratuities
- Expenses of personal nature
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground
- No entry fees required at the places of visits
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths (No sleeveless or No shorts) by visiting religious places
- Ladies must cover their head with a scarf when visiting Job’s tomb and all guests must remove their shoes inside.