Today we are traveling all day to the west towards the Yemeni border. At Rysut, on the outskirts of Salalah enter the road to Yemen, passing the port of Salalah. After 30km, you reach the beautiful bay of Mughsail with its lagoon and the 6 km long beach. After brief stop at beach, we continue our journey into the mountains.
Just 10km after Mughsail enjoy the landscapes on a breathtaking mountain road via hairpin bends and you reach the highest plateau of Jebel al Qamar with fantastic views of the coast and the sea.
The road leads us through a wide Wadi, where you can see the historical ‘Frankincense trees’ growing in their natural habitat, deep down in the valleys, dotting the dry & craggy countryside.
Take a short walk into the valleys to smell the ‘Holy Incense’ amidst the scenic view of the region.
On the stretch of the hilly plateau, we encounter herders with their camels before we drive again down through the mountains and lush vegetation. We come to the coastal area and visit the fishing village of Dhalkut. Visit a rare Baobab tree, located in Dhalkut. Experience the daily life in a remote fishing village of Oman.
We drive from Dhalkut through the mountains back to the main road and continue towards Salalah, until we reach the Bay of Mughsail again at the early afternoon. Apart from the stunning views of the cliffs at both ends, the fountains (the so-called ” blowholes “) and the lagoon with its many birds are the attractions. The lagoon is an inviting habitat for many migratory birds from India, Africa and Europe, including flamingos. Sure, we have time to watch the birds.
We will enjoy a cozy afternoon in Mughsail Beach, before returning to the hotel.
Full day excursion to West Salalah
Tour code: AFT12
Duration: ca. 8 hrs.
Route: ca. 300km return
- Mughsail Blowholes
- Frankincense trees
- Hairpin-bend road
- Dalkut fishing village
- Baobab Tree
- Visits to the places of interest as per the program
- Air conditioned 4×4 vehicles with English speaking Driver cum Guide.
- Still drinking water on board
Following are not included in the Service:
- Beverages other than water
- Tips and Gratuities
- Expenses of personal nature
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground
- No Entry Fees required at the places of visits
- Limited Toilet facilities are available during the tour
- Maximum number of Pax in a vehicle should be 4, due to the safety regulations.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths.