Visit Sharqiya Sands in a full day trip from Muscat. Sharqiya Sands are considered among the most visited desert areas in the Sultanate and extend over an area of up to about 10 thousand square kilometres. The Sand colours range from red to brown as far as the eye can see. It is the original homeland of the Wahiba Bedouins.
Drive into the countryside towards the south and continue the tour to the town of Ibra passing through the mountainous landscape. From there, the scenic sand dunes rise before your eyes. Enjoy a cup of Omani coffee (Khawa ) and dates. you will have a picnic lunch with traditionally prepared dishes amidst sand dunes. After having the lunch go for an adventures desert ride.
After visiting the sandy desert of Sharqiya, continue your journey to one of the most visited Oasis in the region; Wadi Bani Khalid. The large natural pools are often a cordial invitation to take a dip. In addition, the date palms and astonishing landscapes around the Oasis add an unforgettable experience into your tour.
Tour code: AFT22
- Sharqiya Sands
- Wadi Bani KhalidWhat is included?
- A complete private tour
- Luxury air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle
- English speaking driver cum guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant or picnic style
- Water on board during tours
- Please pay attention to the local customs of taking photographs. Your guide will advise you the particulars.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths.
- Please note that the swimming in Wadi Bani Khalid is optional and limited to the time frame. Swimming is at guest’s own risk.