TREASURES OF DHOFAR
6 days tour package in Salalah!
Day 1: Arrive Salalah – City Sightseeing
Welcome to Salalah, the second largest city in Oman. You will be welcomed at the airport and transfer to the selected hotel for check-in.
Visit the highlights of the Salalah city in a half day tour in the afternoon. Visit Salalah’s well-known banana and coconut plantations, The Frankincense Land Museum, the traditional Souq and the majestic Sultan Qaboos grand mosque. (D)
Hotel: Intercity hotel***, Salalah
Day 2: Night in the desert
Start an overnight tour in the afternoon to the Rub Al Khali Desert by Jeep. It is an exciting desert trip with one overnight stay at a permanent campsite in the middle of the desert. Visit the ‘Lost City of Ubar’ (UNESCO) en route. (B D)
Day 3: Wadi Dauka – Dolphin watching/ Horse-back riding
Drive back to Salalah. On the way back, drive into Wadi ‘Dauka’ (UNESCO) known as the ‘Frankincense Wadi’.
Arrived in Salalah check in to the hotel again, relax and unwind.
You have 2 options of activities in the afternoon;
1. Dolphin watching trip by boat
You will be picked up from the hotel and return back to the hotel after the tour.
2. Horseback riding
book one of our horseback beach ride sessions. Walk, trot and canter on the stunning scenic beaches of Salalah. (B)
Day 4: Mountain Safari
Enjoy a rewarding full day jeep safari made by combining the highlights of the Mountainous area of Dhofar. Witness Dhofar’s most remarkable natural attractions during this tour. Visit Wadi Derbat, Jebel Samhan plateau, Tawi Attir Sink hole, Baobab trees and lots of nature (B L)
Day 5: Fizaya Beach – Nature and sun drenched beaches
Ayn Sahalnoot is one of the most attractive natural sprigs in Dhofar region. Visit the turquoise blue pools of Wadi Ayun amidst the craggy mountains. Proceed along the beach of Mughsail. A drive along the ‘Hair-pin-bend’ road with its breathtaking cliffs on either side takes you to one of the most attractive Beaches in Dhofar, The Fizayah Beach. Spend a relaxing time at Fizaya Beach. (B L)
Day 6: Depart Salalah
Say good bye to your memorable stay in south Oman. Transfers are arranged to bring you to the airport for your departure flight. Conditions apply.
KEY: B Breakfast L Lunch D Dinner
- Al Balid Museum of the Land of Frankincense
- The traditional Frankincense Souq of Salalah. The place where you can buy the best quality frankincense and other incenses
- Overnight camping in the Rub Al Khali Desert (The Empty Quarters). The largest sand desert in the world. Stay overnight in a beduine style camp.
- The lost city of Ubar and Wadi Dauka
- Boat trip to watch Dolphins or horse-back riding at the beach as per your choice
- Wadi Derbat. Evergreen Wadi and the most popular weekend retreat of Dhofar
- Jebel Samhan. The highest mountains in the Dhofar region.
- Tawi Attir Sink hole. Known as one of the largest sink holes in the world.
- Ayn Sahalnoot
- Wadi Ayun
- Mughsail and Fizaya beach. Beach stay at Fizaya beach
What is included?
- A complete private tour
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last day of the program
- Luxury air-conditioned cars and jeeps.
- Comfortable accommodation in selected hotels
- One overnight in a desert camp with basic facilities
- English speaking driver cum guide
- One half day city sightseeing, Dolphin watching by boat or horse-back riding session, Overnight camping tour by jeeps and two full day jeep tours
- Transfers needed for boat trip or horseback riding
- All the applicable entrance fees at described places in the program
- Water on board during the tours
Included Meal Plan
- 4 breakfasts
- 2 lunches (local restaurant or picnic)
- 2 dinners
Please send us your inquiry to get detailed quote / tailor-made itinerary for this tour!
- This tour is not operative from 01.June to 31.August
- Taking photographs/filming inside the museum is not permitted
- Horseback beach rides take up to 2 hours and available from 9:00 – 17:00 hours daily.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths. Please pay attention to the dress code by visiting religious places. Ladies must cover their head with a scarf when visiting mosques and other religious places
- Stay overnight in simple Tents at the camp
- Guests should avoid jewellery or expensive belongings at the campsite as it could be lost in the sand. Cell phones have no reception at the campsite
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground. The jeep safaris may not suitable for those with injuries or conditions, which may be affected by the bumpy rides. Pregnant women and children under 12 may not participate
- Swimming at Fizaya Beach is at the customers own risk. No life guards are available