SCENTS OF ARABIA
5 days tour package in Salalah!
Day 1: Arrive Salalah – City Sightseeing
Welcome to Salalah, the second largest city in Oman. You will be welcomed at the airport and transfer to the selected hotel for check-in.
Visit the highlights of the Salalah city in a half day tour in the afternoon. This tour included Salalah’s well-known banana and coconut plantations, The Frankincense Land Museum, the traditional Souq filled with frankincense products and the majestic Sultan Qaboos grand mosque. (D)
Hotel: Intercity hotel***, Salalah
Day 2: The lost city of Ubar – Desert Safari
Start a full day jeep safari to the Rub Al Khali desert (The Empty Quarters), one of the Earth’s hottest, driest, and most unyielding environments. Visit the ‘Lost City of Ubar’ (UNESCO) en route. On the way back to Salalah, drive into Wadi ‘Dawka’ (UNESCO) known as the ‘Frankincense Wadi’, which is also well-known as the biggest collection of the naturally grown Frankincense trees in the region. (B L)
Day 3: Mountain Safari
Enjoy a rewarding full day jeep safari made by combining the highlights of the Mountainous area of Dhofar. The scenic tour includes the rugged Jebel Samhan Mountains dotted with Wadis, gorges, sinkholes and other geological curiosities.
Witness Dhofar’s most remarkable natural attractions during this tour. Visit Wadi Derbat, Jebel Samhan plateau, Tawi Attir Sink hole, Baobab trees, alive with small birdlife, with probably a few wandering camels for company (B L)
Day 4: Nature and sun drenched beaches
Ayn Sahalnoot is one of the most attractive natural springs in Dhofar region, surrounded by astonishing landscapes with natural rock formations. Visit the turquoise blue pools of Wadi Ayun amidst the craggy mountains. Proceed along the beach of Mughsail where the white sand touches the deep blue of the Indian Ocean. A drive along the ‘Hair-pin-bend’ road with its breathtaking cliffs on either side takes you to one of the most attractive Beaches in Dhofar, The Fizayah Beach. On the way along you can see the historical ‘Frankincense trees’ growing in their natural habitat. Spend a relaxing time at Fizaya Beach. (B L)
Day 5: Depart Salalah
Say good bye to your memorable stay in south Oman. Transfers are arranged to bring you to the airport for your departure flight. Conditions apply.
KEY: B Breakfast L Lunch D Dinner
- Al Balid Museum of the Land of Frankincense
- The traditional Frankincense Souq of Salalah. The place where you can buy the best quality frankincense and other incenses
- The Rub Al Khali Desert (The Empty Quarters). The largest sand desert in the world
- The lost city of Ubar
- Wadi Derbat. Evergreen Wadi and the most popular weekend retreat of Dhofar
- Jebel Samhan. The highest mountains in the Dhofar region.
- Tawi Attir Sink hole. Known as one of the largest sink holes in the world.
- Ayn Sahalnoot
- Wadi Ayun
- Mughsail and Fizaya beach. Beach stay at Fizaya beach
What is included?
- A complete private tour
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last day of the program
- Luxury air-conditioned cars and jeeps
- Comfortable accommodation in selected hotels
- English speaking driver cum guide
- One half day city sightseeing and three full day jeep tours
- All the applicable entrance fees at described places in the program
- Water on board during the tours
Included Meal Plan
- 3 breakfasts
- 3 lunches (local restaurant or picnic)
- 1 dinner
Please send us your inquiry to get detailed quote / tailor-made itinerary for this tour!
- Some programs are not operative from 01. June to 31 August. These excursions will be replaced by other excursions. Please inquire!
- Taking photographs/filming inside the museum is not permitted
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths. Please pay attention to the dress code by visiting religious places. Ladies must cover their head with a scarf when visiting mosques and other religious places
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground. The jeep safaris may not suitable for those with injuries or conditions, which may be affected by the bumpy rides. Pregnant women and children under 12 may not participate
- Swimming at Fizaya Beach is at the customers own risk. No life guards are available