4 days tour package in Salalah!
Day 1: Arrive Salalah – City Sightseeing
Welcome to Salalah, the second largest city in Oman. You will be welcomed at the airport and transfer to the selected hotel for check-in.
Visit the highlights of the Salalah city in a half day tour in the afternoon. This tour included Salalah’s well-known banana and coconut plantations, The Frankincense Land Museum, the traditional Souq filled with frankincense products and the majestic Sultan Qaboos grand mosque. (D)
Hotel: Intercity hotel***, Salalah
Day 2: The lost city of Ubar – Desert Safari
Start a full day jeep safari to the Rub Al Khali desert (The Empty Quarters), one of the Earth’s hottest, driest, and most unyielding environments. This is the largest sand desert in the world with its magical and breath-taking sand dunes. Visit the ‘Lost City of Ubar’ (UNESCO) en route. This legendary ancient kingdom, known as Ubar, was said to have existed in one of the most inhospitable places on earth. On the way back to Salalah, drive into Wadi ‘Dawka’ (UNESCO) known as the ‘Frankincense Wadi’, which is also well-known as the biggest collection of the naturally grown Frankincense trees in the region. (B L)
Note: Desert safari is not operative from 01. June to 31 August. This excursion will be replaced by a full day West Salalah Tour during that period
Day 3: Mountain Safari
Enjoy a rewarding full day jeep safari made by combining the highlights of the Mountainous area of Dhofar. The scenic tour includes the rugged Jebel Samhan Mountains dotted with Wadis, gorges, sinkholes and other geological curiosities.
Witness Dhofar’s most remarkable natural attractions during this tour. Visit Wadi Derbat, Jebel Samhan plateau, Tawi Attir Sink hole, Baobab trees, alive with small birdlife, with probably a few wandering camels for company (B L)
Day 4: Depart Salalah
Say good bye to your memorable stay in south Oman. Transfers are arranged to bring you to the airport for your departure flight. Conditions apply.
KEY: B Breakfast L Lunch D Dinner
- Al Balid Museum of the Land of Frankincense
- The traditional Frankincense Souq of Salalah. The place where you can buy the best quality frankincense and other incenses
- The Rub Al Khali Desert (The Empty Quarters). The largest sand desert in the world
- The lost city of Ubar
- Wadi Derbat. Evergreen Wadi and the most popular weekend retreat of Dhofar
- Jebel Samhan. The highest mountains in the Dhofar region.
- Tawi Attir Sink hole. Known as one of the largest sink holes in the world.
What is included?
- A complete private tour
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last day of the program
- Luxury air-conditioned cars and jeeps
- Comfortable accommodation in selected hotels for 3 nights
- English speaking driver cum guide
- One half day city sightseeing and two full day jeep safaris
- All the applicable entrance fees at described places in the program
- Water on board during the tours
Included Meal Plan
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 lunches (local restaurant or picnic)
- 1 dinner
Please send us your inquiry to get detailed quote / tailor-made itinerary for this tour!
- Taking photographs/filming inside the museum is not permitted
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths. Please pay attention to the dress code by visiting religious places. Ladies must cover their head with a scarf when visiting mosques and other religious places
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground. The jeep safaris may not suitable for those with injuries or conditions, which may be affected by the bumpy rides. Pregnant women and children under 12 may not participate