Leave the Hotel and proceed to visit “The Museum of the Frankincense Land”.
Opened in July 2007 at Al Balid Archaeological Park, a UNESCO heritage site located in Salalah, the Frankincense Land Museum is the latest addition to Oman’s heritage and cultural scene. (Opened Sun – Thu 8:30 – 20:00, Fri – Sat 15:00 – 20:00)
It houses two main halls, namely the History Hall, depicting the geography, history of the ancient Frankincense trail and the historical background of the Sultanate through a number of archaeological findings, and The Marine Hall, featuring displays about the development of Oman’s rich marine history. A complete history of the Maritime trade & ship building industry of Oman could be experienced here, with meticulously carved replicas of the ancient boats & ships of the Omani Maritime trade.
Drive through lush green plantations of vegetables & fruits. Make a brief stop to taste a fresh coconut water drink at fruit stalls (at own cost) lining the streets within the periphery of the old Salalah town (Haffah). Make a Photo stop at the impressive Sultan Qaboos Mosque.
View the Official Palace of His Majesty the Sultan (Al Husn Palace) & stroll through the old Haffah souk, famous for the sale of high quality Frankincense & numerous other Dhofari traditional souvenirs. The smell of frankincense fills the souk. Haffah souk is very attractive with its small shops lined up with straight piles of incense boxes, clay incense burners colorfully decorated with traditional patterns and bags of incense crystals.
Return to the hotel.
Half day city tour
Tour code: AFT01
Duration: ca. 4 hrs.
- Museum of the Land of Frankincense
- Traditional Souq
- Sultan Qaboos Mosque
- Visits to the places of interest as per the program
- Air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver cum guide.
- Still drinking water on board
Following are not included in the Service:
- Entry fees
- Tips and gratuities
- Expenses of personal nature such as purchasing, telephone calls etc.,
- Taking photographs/filming inside the museum is not permitted
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths (No sleeveless or No shorts) by visiting religious places. Ladies must cover their head with a scarf when visiting mosques and all guests must remove their shoes before visiting inside. Please pay attention to the specified dress code by visiting Sultan Qaboos Mosque from inside.