OMAN, LAND OF CONTRASTS
A glimpse of Oman’s culture and nature
Day 1: Arrival – transfer to the hotel
Arrival in MCT international Airport. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Muscat. (No meals)
Hotel: Al Falaj hotel***
Day 2: Muscat city tour
Drive through the beautiful embassy quarter. Visit the grand mosque, the Opera House, and the 16th -Century forts Jalali and Mirani. Stroll around the old city quarter and have a photo-stop at the Qasr Al Alam, the official Palace of HM Sultan Qaboos. Visit the Museum and the famous Muttrah souq, one of the most beautiful oriental markets in the Gulf States. Overnight in Muscat. (B)
Day 3: Jebel Akhdar
Visit one of the most astonishing landscapes of northern Oman, Jebel Akdhar, the green Mountains. Explore the rural life of Oman and witness the beuty of Saiq plateau. Famous not only for its rose water, Jebel Akhdar boasts some of the largest terraced gardens in the country and is home to approximately one quarter of all flora in Oman including over 437 animal species! Visit several small traditional villages and terraced farms. Enjoy the stunning views of the valley and gardens below. Hike along the trail which is approximately 4km one way. Overnight stay at Nizwa. (B)
Hotel: Golden Tulip ***
Day 4: Nizwa
Nizwa is one of the oldest cities in Oman. Visit the traditional souq and the Fort of Nizwa. Bahla is famous for its old adobe houses and pottery. The old Bahla Fort with its 12km (seven miles) wall is the oldest fort in Oman. The Castle of Jabreen is situated within a short distance of Bahla. Three-storied castle of Jabreen, an impressive example of Islamic architecture with beautiful wooden inscriptions and paintings on the ceilings, is one of the most beautiful stone castles of Oman. Overnight in Nizwa. (B)
Day 5: Back to Muscat – flight to Salalah
Leave Nizwa in the morning and return to Muscat. Proceed to the airport to get the flight to Salalah. Arrival in Salalah and in the afternoon a short city tour in Salalah. You will visit “The Museum of the Frankincense Land” and drive through lush green plantations of vegetables & fruits. Make a Photo stop at the impressive Sultan Qaboos Mosque. View the Official Palace of His Majesty the Sultan (Al Husn Palace) & stroll through the old Haffah souk, famous for the sale of high quality Frankincense & numerous other Dhofari traditional souvenirs. Overnight in Salalah. (B)
Hotel: Intercity hotel***
Day 6: Desert Safari
Start the tour in the morning hours by 4×4 vehicle and drive towards Ar Rub Al Khali (The Empty Quarter), Dhofars most remarkable and popular site with its untouched and magical sand dunes. Visit the ‘Lost City of Ubar’ (UNESCO World heritage site), 175km away from Salalah. According to myth, the desert swallowed up Ubar. This once buried city, which was spotted by satellite, gives you a glimpse of the value of work carried out by a team of explorers in 1992, led by Sir Ranulph Fiennes.
Proceed to the Empty Quarter to experience the “biggest sand desert in the World” by rambling on fascinating sand dunes. A breathtaking overview of the vast desert awaits you on the top of the dunes.
Visit Wadi Dawka on the way back to Salalah, where the frankincense trees grow in their natural habitat. Overnight in Salalah. (B L)
Day 7: Job’s tomb – Mughsail beach – Departure
Visit the ancient tomb of ‘Prophet Job’ situated in the scenic green mountains of the Salalah Plains. Proceed to the beach of Mughsail where the white sand touches the deep blue of the ocean & at high tide, where waves burst through the natural titanic ‘Blow Holes’, at the far end of the ‘Rocky beach’ with a cave-like entrance. We thereafter continue along the ‘Hair-pin-bend’ road towards western side of Oman to grasp some photogenic scenes. Drive back to Salalah.
Say goodbye to Oman and departure transfer to the Airport in the evening. Conditions apply. (B)
KEY: D Dinner L Lunch B Breakfast
Highlights of this tour
- Muscat City tour including Grand mosque, Opera house, Al Alam palace, Museum and Mutrah souq
- Jebel Akhdar mountains inlcuding trekking and villages
- Nizwa including Nizwa fort, Souq, Jabreen castle and Bahla fort
- Salalah including the visits of Ubar, Rub Al Khali desert, Job’s tomb, Mughsail beach and Frankincense trees
What is included?
- 6 nights’ accommodation as per the program including Breakfast
- Accommodation in double rooms/twin rooms with Bath/Shower & WC
- Domestic return flight Muscat – Salalah in economy class
- Entrance fees according to the program
- Air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver cum guide
- Still drinking water on board
- Meals according to the tour program as mentioned above
Included Meal Plan
- 6 breakfasts
- 1 lunch
Minimum number of participants: 6
Maximum number of participants: 26
- This tour can be tailored to your travel requests. Please send us your inquiry along with your travel details to get the customized rates for this tour!
- Book a beach resort for your holiday extension. We offer selected beach hotels for perfect relaxation. Please inquire!
- Want to book a Guide in your preferred language? German, French, Italian and Russian speaking guides are available! Please inquire! (subjected to the availability)
- Please pay attention to the local customs of taking photographs. No photography/filming allowed at the Museum. Your guide will advise you the particulars.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths (No sleeveless or No shorts) by visiting religious places. All guests must remove their shoes before visiting religious places inside. Please pay attention to the specified dress code by visiting Grand Mosque from inside.
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground
- Separate guide for groups above 10 participants. 4×4 Jeep tours from day 2 to 8
Tour code: CR702
Duration: 7 days / 6 nights
Departure dates and prices (per person in US$)
from September 2017 – May 2018