NORTH OMAN EXPERIENCE
5 days tour package in Muscat!
Day 1: Arrival in Muscat – Sunset Dhow cruise
Upon Arrival you will be transferred to the Hotel. Check-in to the hotel. Afternoon you will be picked up from hotel for the sunset dhow-cruise. Enjoy the many scenes that reflect Omani history and Portuguese architecture around old Muscat. Watch the sun setting behind the spectacular golden mountain backdrop of Muscat city from the sea. (D)
Hotel: Al Falaj hotel***, Muscat
Day 2: Castles, forts and Jebel Akhdar
Visit the famous old adobe houses and make an outside photo stop at the oldest fort of Oman in Bahla. Visit the Castle of Jabreen, situated within a short distance of Bahla.
Visit one of the most astonishing landscapes of northern Oman, Jebel Akhdar, the green Mountains. Explore the rural life of Oman and witness the beauty of Saiq plateau.
Visit several small traditional villages and terraced farms. Enjoy the stunning views of the valley and gardens below.
Return to Muscat in the evening. (B L)
Day 3: Wadi Shab – Wadi Tiwi
Leaving Muscat, our first stop is Quriyat. Continue on to Wadi Shab – one of the most beautiful Wadis of Oman, with its breathtaking entrance and views of aquamarine pools, waterfalls and terraced plantations. A trek of a 45minute inside the Wadi will bring you to fresh water pools for swimming. The tour proceeds to Wadi Tiwi. On our return, we stop to explore the Bimah Sinkhole, a spectacular limestone crater with blue-green water at the bottom. (B L)
Day 4: Muscat city tour
Visit the grand mosque, a religious landmark of Muscat and splendour of unique Islamic architecture. Take part of the guided tour at the Opera House.
Stroll around the old city quarter and have a photo-stop at the Qasr Al Alam, the official Palace of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos. Visit Bait Al Zubair Museum with its wealth of information and exhibits on the country’s culture, tradition and heritage. Muttrah souq is one of the most beautiful oriental markets in the Gulf States. Step into the fish market, stroll along the Corniche to admire the beautiful merchant houses and experience the shopping in the busy souk.
Day 5: Depart Muscat
Say good bye to your memorable stay in North Oman. Transfers are arranged to bring you to the airport for your departure flight. Conditions apply (B)
KEY: B Breakfast L Lunch D Dinner
- Sunset Dhow cruise
- Outside photo stop at Bahla Fort. The oldest existing fort in Oman
- Jabreen castle. One of the most beautiful stone castle in Oman with beautiful wooden inscriptions and paintings on the ceilings
- Jebel Akhdar mountains
- Swimming in Wadi Shab and visit to the Wadi Tiwi
- Short visit to the Bimah sink hole
- Grand Mosque. The most popular land mark in Muscat
- Muscat royal opera house. The Gulf′s only opera house
- Mutrah souq
- Al Alam palace, the official royal palace of his majesty the Sultan
What is included?
- A complete private tour
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last day of the program
- Luxury air-conditioned cars and jeeps.
- Comfortable accommodation in selected hotels
- English speaking driver cum guide
- 2 hours Dhow cruise tour with transfers and two full day tours
- All the applicable entrance fees at described places in the program
- Water on board during the tours
Included Meal Plan
- 4 breakfasts
- 3 lunches (local restaurant or picnic)
- 1 dinner
Please send us your inquiry to get detailed quote / tailor-made itinerary for this tour!
- Taking photographs/filming inside the museum is not permitted
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths. Please pay attention to the dress code by visiting religious places. Ladies must cover their head with a scarf when visiting mosques and other religious places
- Swimming at Wadi Shab is at customers own risk
- Warm clothing is recommended for Jebel Akhdar due to its high altitude