Start the tour from Muscat and drive to Barka. Visit the lively fish market and experience the atmosphere among the typical Arab merchants. Watch locals standing around the auction floor bid for fish of all colors, shapes and sizes, while fishermen land the night’s catches on the long beach outside.
The small oasis Nakhal located at the foot of Al Hajar Mountains. Amidst the beautiful palm groves is one of the most spectacular stone castles in the world. Built in and on this mountain, this castle is an impressive masterpiece of Arabic architecture. The rampart walls offer fascinating examples of Islamic architecture, impressive for the scale and harmony of design. The fort’s inner sanctum aligned with a series of simply and beautifully furnished rooms, the perfect place to retreat from Oman’s midday sun. Nakhal fort was built to protect the trade routes between Nizwa and the coast.
A little further, between the countless date and banana plantations, is one of the most famous hot springs in this region; Ayn Thowara. The water that flows through a small canyon creates a Wadi and an adjacent irrigation system (Al Falaj) channels the water in to the Plantations nearby. This place is a famous picnic place among the locals.
Drive back to Muscat.
Half-day tour to Batinah region
Tour code: AFT19
Duration: ca. 5 hrs
Tour Departs daily except Fridays
- Barka fish market
- Nakhal fort
- Hot springs
- Visits to the places of interest as per the program
- Entrance fees according to the program
- Air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver cum guide.
- Still drinking water on board
Following are not included in the Service:
- Tips and gratuities
- Expenses of personal nature
- Please pay attention to the local customs of taking photographs. Your guide will advise you the particulars.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths (No sleeveless or No shorts) by visiting religious places. All guests must remove their shoes before visiting religious places inside.