Visit the lively fish market and experience the atmosphere among the typical Arab merchants in Barka. Watch locals standing around the auction floor bid for fish of all colors, shapes and sizes, while fishermen land the night’s catches on the long beach outside.
Visit the old fort of Rustaq dating back to the 13th century. The small oasis Nakhal located at the foot of Al Hajar Mountains. Amidst the beautiful palm groves is one of the most spectacular stone castles in the world. Built in and on this mountain, this castle is an impressive masterpiece of Arabic architecture. Nakhal fort was built to protect the trade routes between Nizwa and the coast.
A little further, between the countless date and banana plantations, is one of the most famous hot springs in this region; Ayn Thowara. The water that flows through a small canyon creates a Wadi and an adjacent irrigation system (Al Falaj) channels the water in to the Plantations nearby.
Booking code: AFT19
- Barka fish market
- Nakhal fort & Rustaq fort
- Hot springs of Ayn Thowara
What is included?
- A complete private tour
- Entrance fees as per the program
- Luxury air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle
- English speaking driver cum guide
- Lunch as picnic style
- Water on board during tours
- Please pay attention to the local customs of taking photographs. Your guide will advise you the particulars.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths (No sleeveless or No shorts) by visiting religious places. All guests must remove their shoes before visiting religious places inside.