Leave your hotel after breakfast and drive through the beautiful embassy quarter of Muscat en route to Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. Visit the grand mosque, a religious landmark of Muscat and splendor of unique Islamic architecture (Islamic dress code is compulsory). This mosque of superlatives completed in 2001, refers to be the main mosque in Oman and one of the two mosques in Sultanate, which you could visit as a non-Muslim (other one is located in Salalah). Witness the world’s second largest handmade carpet and huge chandeliers in the main prayer hall.
On your way back to the city center you will go past the Opera House, the Gulf′s only concert hall, and reach the old town.
Then visit the 16th -Century forts Jalali and Mirani. Stroll around the old city quarter and have a photo-stop at the Qasr Al Alam, the official Palace of HM Sultan Qaboos. This palace is mainly used for representative purposes of His Majesty. Visit Bait Al Zubair Museum with its wealth of information and exhibits on the country’s culture, tradition and heritage.
Drive to Muttrah, a delightful quarter of Muscat. Muttrah souq is one of the most beautiful oriental markets in the Gulf States. Step into the fish market, stroll along the Corniche to admire the beautiful merchant houses and experience the shopping in the busy souk. The largest and oldest bazaar of Oman is traditionally divided into zones for selling a variegated array of shops with souvenirs, antiques, frankincense, gold, textiles, leather goods, jewelry, traditional sabers and many other goods.
Drive back to hotel
Half-day city tour in Muscat
Tour code: AFT18
Duration: ca. 5 hrs
Tour Departs daily except Fridays
- Grand Mosque
- Old Town with Al Alam Palace
- Muttrah souq
- Bait Al Zubair Museum
- Visits to the places of interest as per the program
- Entrance fees according to the program
- Pick up and drop off (Only city hotels); An extra supplement will be applied for the pickup from the hotels stationed outside of the city
- Air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver cum guide.
- Still drinking water on board
Following are not included in the Service:
- Tips and gratuities
- Expenses of personal nature
- Please pay attention to the local customs of taking photographs. No photography/filming allowed at the Museum. Your guide will advise you the particulars.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths (No sleeveless or No shorts) by visiting religious places. All guests must remove their shoes before visiting religious places inside. Please pay attention to the specified dress code by visiting Grand Mosque from inside.