Start the tour in the morning by 4X4 vehicles, on a full day safari into the Dhofar Mountains.
Drive through the scenic village of Taqa making a photo stop at the village for a panoramic view from above a cliff, well known as Taqah Plateau.
Then drive into the ‘ever green Wadi Darbat’ for a relaxing stroll along the Wadi bed, surrounded by herds of Camels, Goats & Cattle. In the Khareef season (monsoon period), one could also witness an almost 100m natural Water-Fall, spreading its ‘tentacles’ into numerous lakes & lush green Vegetation.
Next stop is one of the world’s largest Sink Holes (211 m deep & 150 m in diameter), situated at Tawi Attair – also known as the “Well of Birds”, who frequent this location, the year through.
Continue journey into the mountain range of Jebel Samhan to a breathtaking plateau at a height of almost 1700m. This location is commonly known as the ‘Grand Canyon’ of Dhofar, gives one a complete view of the east coast to the one side & the vast ‘Qara’ mountain range to the other.
You will be hosted to a sumptuous picnic lunch during this tour.
After lunch continue the journey from the plateau into the adjacent ‘Qara’ mountain range & drive through scenic Jebali villages & landscape, with numerous photo stops at interesting locations.
Return to Salalah by evening.
A full day excursion to the Dhofar Mountains by 4×4
Tour code: AFT04
Duration: ca. 8 hrs.
Distance: ca. 300km return tour
Route: Salalah –Taqah – Wadi Derbat – Jebel Samhan – Salalah
- Taqah Beach
- Wadi Derbat
- Sink hole
- Jebel Samhan Plateau
- Visits to the places of interest as per the program
- Air conditioned 4×4 vehicle with English speaking Driver cum Guide.
- Still drinking water on board
Following are not included in the Service:
- Tips and Gratuities
- Expenses of personal nature
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground
- No Entry Fees required at the places of visits
- Limited Toilet facilities are available during the tour
- Maximum number of Pax in a vehicle should be 4, due to the safety regulations.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths.