Make a day trip to Nizwa and adjacent mountains of Jebel Shams. As a center of trade, religion, art and education, Nizwa is one of the oldest cities in Oman. The old part of the city can be recognized with its dominant stone castle and the towers of the mosque amidst the vast plantations of date palms. Visit the traditional souq and the Fort of Nizwa.
Visit Jebel Shams, the Sun Mountain of Oman. Jabal Shams is so called because it is the first place to greet sunlight at dawn and the last to say farewell at dusk. This is the highest peak in the Arabian Peninsula, rising to an altitude of 3,004m above sea level, and has a number of versants (slopes) and summits.
Booking code: AFT23
- Nizwa and its famous souq and old fort
- Jebel Shams, the highest mountain in Oman
- Grand Canyon of Oman
- Visit the village of Al HamraWhat is included?
- Entrance fees according to the program
- Air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle
- English speaking driver cum guide
- Still drinking water on board
- Lunch at a local Restaurant
- Please pay attention to the local customs of taking photographs. Your guide will advise you the particulars.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths.