8 days round trip in South Oman
Day 1: Arrival
Upon arrival in Salalah international Airport, we bring you to the designated hotel for check in. Relax at hotel. Stay overnight in Salalah. (D)
Hotel: Intercity hotel***, Salalah or similar
Day 2: Salalah city
Visit the Frankincense Museum, Drive through lush green plantations of vegetables & fruits. Make a brief stop to taste a fresh coconut water drink at fruit stalls. Visit the impressive Sultan Qaboos Mosque.
View the Official Palace of His Majesty the Sultan (Al Husn Palace) & stroll through the old Haffah souk, famous for the sale of high quality Frankincense & numerous other Dhofari traditional souvenirs. Overnight in Salalah (B)
Day 3: Taqa castle – Sumhuram – Wadi Derbat – Sink hole – Jebel Samhan plateau
Start a full day safari into the Dhofar Mountains.
Visit the old fishing village of ‘Taqah’, Visit the century old ‘Taqah Castle’ and the ancient ruins of the once famous city of Sumharam (Khor Rohri). Drive into the ‘ever green Wadi Darbat’ for a relaxing stroll along the Wadi bed, surrounded by herds of Camels, Goats & Cattle.
Next stop is one of the world’s largest Sink Holes, also known as the “Well of Birds”.
Continue journey into the mountain range of Jebel Samhan to a breathtaking plateau at a height of almost 1700m. This location is commonly known as the ‘Grand Canyon’ of Dhofar.Return to the hotel and overnight in Salalah (B L)
Day 4: Sadha – Hasik – Shuwaimiya – Camping
Start the tour in Salalah and continue along the coast to Shuwaymiah passing the coastal villages such as Sadha, Hadbin and Hasik. Passing through the coastal road, the view of the Jabal Samhan Mountains and the steep limestone hills which have been eroded since millions of years and the beautiful carved rocks along the seashore is a panoramic view. Arrived in Shuwaymiah take a walk in the spectacular landscape in the Wadi with a small waterfall. Overnight camping in Wadi Shuwaimiya. Enjoy a unique camping experience amidst a breathtaking landscape. (B L D)
Camping in Wadi Shuwaymiah
Day 5: Rub al Khali desert – Desert Camp
In to the Empty Quarter. You will see the Dhofars oil fields by passing Marmul and arrive at a Farm amidst a deserted area. Arriving the sand desert in Al Hashman, where the sand dunes emerge more picturesque and more spectacular, our experienced driver will give you the thrilling experience of Dune Bashing. Enjoy a beautiful sunset over the sand dunes before you reach our camp site. Overnight in Hashman camp. Permanent basic camp. (B L D)
Day 6: Ubar – Wadi Dauka – Back to Salalah
Proceed to the legendary ruines of the ‘Lost City of Ubar’. Drive into Wadi ‘Dawka’, known as the ‘Frankincense Wadi’, which is also well-known as the biggest collection of the naturally grown Frankincense trees in the region. Return to Salalah by noon. (B)
Hotel: Intercity hotel***, Salalah or similar
Day 7: Ayn Sahalnoot – Wadi Ayun – Mughsail – Fizaya beach
Visit Ayn Sahalnoot, one of the most attractive natural sprigs in Dhofar region. Visit the turquoise blue pools of Wadi Ayun and the beach of Mughsail. Drive towards the Qara Mountains and visit the ancient tomb of ‘Prophet Job’ situated in the scenic green mountains of the Salalah plains. A drive along the ‘Hair-pin-bend’ road with its breathtaking cliffs on either side takes you to one of the most attractive Beaches in Dhofar, The Fizayah Beach.
Spend a relaxing time at Fizaya Beach. Enjoy the environment, serenity and the Sun at the Arabian Sea.
Return to the Hotel in Salalah by evening. (B L)
Day 8: Departure
Say goodbye to Oman and departure transfer to the Airport. Conditions apply. (B)
KEY: D Dinner L Lunch B Breakfast
Highlights of this tour
- Salalah City tour including SQ mosque, Plantations, Al Husn palace, Museum and Haffah souq
- Jebel Safari inlcuding Taqa, Sumhuram, Wadi Derbat, Jebel Samhan and SInk hole
- Wild Camping in Wadi Shuwaymiya
- Rub Al Khali desert with one overnight including Ubar and Wadi Dauka
- Wadi Ayun, Job’s tomb and Ayn Sahalnoot
- Beaches of Mughsail and Fizaya
What is included?
- 7 nights’ accommodation in selected hotels/camps as per the program with Breakfast
- Accommodation in double rooms/twin rooms with Bath/Shower & WC
- Entrance fees according to the program
- Air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver cum guide
- Still drinking water on board
Included Meal Plan
- 7 breakfasts
- 4 lunches (At restaurant or as picnic)
- 3 dinners
Minimum number of participants: 6
Maximum number of participants: 26
- This tour can be tailored to your travel requests. Please send us your inquiry along with your travel details to get the customized rates for this tour!
- Book a beach resort for your holiday extension. We offer selected beach hotels for perfect relaxation. Please inquire!
- Want to book a Guide in your preferred language? German, French, Italian and Russian speaking guides are available! Please inquire! (subjected to the availability)
- Please pay attention to the local customs of taking photographs. No photography/filming allowed at the Museum. Your guide will advise you the particulars.
- Guests should wear comfortable but decent cloths (No sleeveless or No shorts) by visiting religious places. All guests must remove their shoes before visiting religious places inside. Please pay attention to the specified dress code by visiting Grand Mosque from inside.
- This tour involves walking over rough and inclined ground
- Separate guide for groups above 10 participants. 4×4 Jeep tours on days 3 to 7
Tour code: CR701
Duration: 8 days / 7 nights
Departure dates and prices (per person in US$)
from September 2017 – May 2018